Welcome to the IETF DISPATCH WG Wiki
The DISPATCH WG in the ART area is chartered to review new work in the ART area. Based on mailing list discussion, if there is sufficient interest, willingness to contribute and WG consensus, new work items are dispatched in various ways depending upon the scope and applicability of the work. Mailing list discussions should focus on the problem statement, objectives and deliverables in the form of a proposed charter. Note, that not all new work items are required to be discussed in the DISPATCH WG - exceptions are items that clearly fit within the chart of an existing WG (in this case those WG chairs should be contacted) and in the case of topics that would clearly require an official Bof (in which case the ADs should be contacted).
The following summarizes the current dispatchment options:
- New work item in currently chartered WG
- New WG or mini-WG in the case where the deliverable is likely a single document - e.g. a new SIP header
- IETF official BoF - typically for work items that are of broad interest and potential impact within the RAI area and across areas.
- Individual/AD sponsored - for items limited in scope and applicability
Proposed IETF-95 Deadlines
- February 22, 2016. Cutoff date to notify the chairs/DISPATCH WG of plans to submit a proposal.
- February 29, 2016. Cutoff for charter proposals for topics.
- March 7, 2016. Announcement of topics that have been dispatched for IETF-95.
- March 21, 2016. Draft deadline.
A complete list of deadlines for IETF-95 is available here: http://www.ietf.org/meeting/important-dates-2016.html#IETF95
The following summarizes the work items that have been dispatched or are in the process of being dispatched. Please note that this is *not* a complete summary of the topics discussed in DISPATCH, but rather the items that have been put forth for discussion at the meetings or agreed to be progressed. The status of the work items still underway is periodically posted to the DISPATCH WG mailing list. Please note that up-to-date charters are available on the DISPATCH or topic specific mailing list (s).
- An Opportunistic Approach for Secure Real-time Transport Protocol: WG interest. Needs more discussion.
- GEOJson: GEOJSON WG chartered.
- FFV1/Matroska: Proposed CELLAR WG.
- Location Source Parameter:
- Via header field parameter for received realm: Agreed to be progressed as AD sponsored.
- Selection of Language for Internet Media (SLIM): SLIM WG chartered.
- Routing out of dialog requests: Needs more discussion.
- GEOJson: see IETF-93
- Calling name identity Trust (CNIT): Revised charter required.
- Charter proposal: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/cnit/current/msg00178.html
- VRS purpose for the Call Info header: Needs more discussion
- Cause URI for service number translation. Agreed to be progressed as AD sponsored (Shepherd: Mary Barnes)
- Correlation of multiple responses of forked INVITES in Back to Back User Agents: Needs more discussion.
- Webpush: WEBPUSH WG chartered.
- SIP URI Inter Operator Traffic Leg (IOTL) parameter: AD sponsored. Published as RFC 7549
- Mobile Equipment Identity (MEID) URNs: Agreed to be progressed as AD sponsored.
- OpenBTS: Needs more mailing list discussion and a firmer proposal of problems being solved and deliverables.
- Proposal: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg05233.html
- SDP negotiation of Data Channel sub-protocols: Dispatched to MMUSIC WG.
No topics dispatched. See mailing list for some of the topics that were proposed: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg04969.html
- SIP/XMPP: STOX WG chartered
- Logging: General support for adopting this work. Dispatched to INSIPID WG.
- Related documents:
- SIP Usage for Trickle ICE: Dispatched to MMUSIC WG.
- BFCP over websockets: Dispatched to BFCPBIS WG.
- Related document: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pascual-dispatch-bfcp-websocket-00
- MSRP over Websockets: Agreed to be AD sponsored (Shepherd: Mary Barnes).
- Related document: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pd-dispatch-msrp-websocket-00
- Indicating Fax over IP Capability in SIP: AD sponsored. Published as RFC 6913
- Telephone-Related Queries (TERQ): General support for adopting this work. Charter requires updating.
- Related document: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-peterson-terq/
- Combined Use of SIP and XMPP (CUSAX): AD sponsored. Published as RFC 7081
- SIP Traversal Required for Applications to Work (STRAW): STRAW WG chartered.
- Media Stream Signaling (MESS): Dispatched to AVTEXT WG
- Telephone-Related Queries (TERQ): See IETF-85.
- Remote Call, Device Control: Post-IETF-82 decision not to charter.
- (Original) Charter: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg03778.html
- Referencing and Verifying User Attributes: Interest in topic. Discussion to continue on the mailing list.
- Session-ID: INSIPID WG chartered.
- Load Balancing: WG interest but needs more discussion.
- BFCP for UDP: BFCPBIS WG chartered.
- Global Service Provider Identification Number: Agreed to be progressed (likely as AD sponsored). Ongoing discussion should be on RAI area list (as opposed to DRINKS or DISPATCH).
- SIP Action Referral: This work item was dispatched to SPLICES WG for discussion for IETF-80 (and was also discussed there at IETF-81). However, the scope seems to be broader, thus after a discussion on the RAI area list, the ADs moved the topic back to DISPATCH. See Remote Device, Call Control @ IETF-82.
- Q4S (on agenda): No interest in chartering this work.
- Reason header in responses: AD sponsored. Published as RFC 6432
- RTCWEB: RTCWEB WG chartered.
- VIPR: VIPR WG chartered.
- SIP Action Referral: See IETF-81.
- SIP Interconnect guidelines: No interest in chartering this work.
- DTMF Info: No WG interest in this work.
- Telepresence: CLUE WG chartered.
- BFCP for UDP: See IETF-81
- Session-ID: See IETF-81
- Telepresence: See IETF-79
- VIPR: See IETF-80
- TEL URI WG proposal: No interest in adopting this work as is. The recommendation is to go back to the general problem and describe the use cases such that an optimal solution can be developed.
- E.164 to Metadata (E2M). BoF.
- BoF meeting minutes: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/10mar/minutes/e2md.txt
- Session Recording: SIPREC WG chartered.
- Domain Registration: MARTINI WG chartered (completed deliverables, closed March 9th, 2011)
- Disaggregated Media: SPLICES WG chartered.
- Alert-URNs: SALUD WG chartered.
- Reason in Response: see IETF-80.
- SIP-XMPP: XMPP WG consensus not to charter this work (at IETF-80)
- Proposed SIXPAC charter: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg02699.html
- SIP Overload: SOC WG chartered.
- Sound level indicator (for conferences): Work item added to AVT WG charter.
- Codec: CODEC WG chartered.
- Common Log Format: SIPCLF WG chartered.
- Call Control User-to-User Information: CUSS WG chartered.
- Profile datasets (related to SIP configuration - from SIPPING WG): Work item removed from DISPATCH WG charter due to lack of interest.