Welcome to the IETF DISPATCH WG Wiki
The DISPATCH WG in the RAI area is chartered to review new work in the RAI area. Based on mailing list discussion, if there is sufficient interest, willingness to contribute and WG consensus, new work items are dispatched in various ways depending upon the scope and applicability of the work. Mailing list discussions should focus on the problem statement, objectives and deliverables in the form of a proposed charter. Note, that not all new work items are required to be discussed in the DISPATCH WG - exceptions are items that clearly fit within the chart of an existing WG (in this case those WG chairs should be contacted) and in the case of topics that would clearly require an official Bof (in which case the ADs should be contacted).
The following summarizes the current dispatchment options:
- New work item in currently chartered WG
- New WG or mini-WG in the case where the deliverable is likely a single document - e.g. a new SIP header
- IETF official BoF - typically for work items that are of broad interest and potential impact within the RAI area and across areas.
- Individual/AD sponsored - for items limited in scope and applicability
- June 6, 2014. Cutoff date to notify the chairs/DISPATCH WG of plans to submit a proposal.
- June 13, 2014. Cutoff for charter proposals for topics.
- June 20, 2014. Announcement of topics that have been dispatched for IETF-90.
- July 4, 2014. Draft deadline.
A complete list of deadlines for IETF-90 is available here: http://www.ietf.org/meeting/important-dates-2014.html#IETF90
The following summarizes the work items that have been dispatched or are in the process of being dispatched. Please note that this is *not* a complete summary of the topics discussed in DISPATCH, but rather the items that have been put forth for discussion at the meetings or agreed to be progressed. The status of the work items still underway is periodically posted to the DISPATCH WG mailing list. Please note that up-to-date charters are available on the DISPATCH or topic specific mailing list (s).
- Proposal: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg05233.html
Please see mailing list for additional topics that were proposed: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg05283.html
- SDP negotiation of Data Channel sub-protocols: Dispatched to MMUSIC WG. Richard to move discussion to that mailing list. MMUSIC WG to consider adoption.
See mailing list for additional topics that were proposed: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg05084.html
No topics dispatched. See mailing list for some of the topics that were proposed: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg04969.html
- SIP/XMPP: STOX WG chartered
- Logging: General support for adopting this work. Proposal to update INSIPID WG with a new deliverable.
- Charter: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg04560.html
- Related documents:
- SIP Usage for Trickle ICE: Dispatched to MMUSIC WG. ADs to submit updated charter to IESG.
- BFCP over websockets: Dispatched to BFCPBIS WG. ADs to submit updated charter to IESG.
- MSRP over Websockets: Agreed to be AD sponsored (Richard)
- Indicating Fax over IP Capability in SIP: Agreed to be progressed as AD sponsored.
- Related document: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hanes-dispatch-fax-capability/
- Telephone-Related Queries (TERQ): General support for adopting this work. Charter requires updating.
- Related document: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-peterson-terq/
- Combined Use of SIP and XMPP (CUSAX): Agreed to be progressed - ADs to decide best path.
- Related document: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax-01
- SIP Traversal Required for Applications to Work (STRAW): STRAW WG chartered.
- Media Stream Signaling (MESS): Needs further discussion on RAI area mailing list.
- Telephone-Related Queries (TERQ): WG interest. Discussion to continue on DISPATCH WG mailing list.
- Remote Call, Device Control: Post-IETF-82 decision not to charter.
- (Original) Charter: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg03778.html
- Referencing and Verifying User Attributes: Interest in topic. Discussion to continue on the mailing list.
- Session-ID: INSIPID WG chartered.
- Load Balancing: WG interest but needs more discussion.
- BFCP for UDP: BFCPBIS WG chartered.
- Global Service Provider Identification Number: Agreed to be progressed (likely as AD sponsored). Ongoing discussion should be on RAI area list (as opposed to DRINKS or DISPATCH).
- SIP Action Referral: This work item was dispatched to SPLICES WG for discussion for IETF-80 (and was also discussed there at IETF-81). However, the scope seems to be broader, thus after a discussion on the RAI area list, the ADs moved the topic back to DISPATCH. See Remote Device/Call? Control @ IETF-82.
- Q4S (on agenda): No interest in chartering this work.
- Reason header in responses: Agreed to be progressed - ADs handling the disposition.
- Most recent document (UPDATES RFC 3326): http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jesske-dispatch-update3326-reason-responses/
- RTCWEB: New RTCWEB WG chartered.
- VIPR: New VIPR WG chartered.
- SIP Action Referral: Work item moved to SPLICES WG for discussion.
- SIP Interconnect guidelines: No interest in chartering this work. Work item might be appropriate for an organization such SIP Forum as long as it remains a profile - i.e., if the work item requires protocol changes then it is not appropriate for a forum to take this on.
- DTMF Info: No WG interest in this work. May be pursued as an individual publication.
- Telepresence: CLUE WG chartered.
- BFCP for UDP: Proposal needs additional work, in particular consideration of other potential solution options.
- Session-ID: No conclusion/agreement on scope of problem to be solved.
- Telepresence: See IETF-79
- VIPR: See IETF-80
- TEL URI WG proposal: No interest in adopting this work as is. The recommendation is to go back to the general problem and describe the use cases such that an optimal solution can be developed.
- E.164 to Metadata (E2M). BoF.
- BoF meeting minutes: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/10mar/minutes/e2md.txt
- Session Recording: New SIPREC WG chartered.
- Domain Registration: MARTINI WG chartered (completed deliverables, closed March 9th, 2011)
- Disaggregated Media: SPLICES WG chartered.
- Alert-URNs: New SALUD WG chartered.
- Reason in Response: see IETF-80.
- SIP-XMPP: XMPP WG consensus not to charter this work (at IETF-80)
- Proposed SIXPAC charter: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg02699.html
- SIP Overload: SOC WG chartered.
- Sound level indicator (for conferences): Work item added to AVT WG charter.
- Codec: CODEC WG chartered.
- Common Log Format: SIPCLF WG chartered.
- Call Control User-to-User Information: CUSS WG chartered.
- Profile datasets (related to SIP configuration - from SIPPING WG): Work item removed from DISPATCH WG charter due to lack of interest.