Ticket #218 (closed design: fixed)
Explain non-HTTP URIs in HTTP
|Reported by:||firstname.lastname@example.org||Owned by:|
|Component:||p1-messaging||Severity:||Active WG Document|
It's sometimes asked whether non-HTTP URI schemes can be used in a HTTP request.
While we don't need to completely specify this, p1 (and elsewhere?) should clarify whether it's possible, what implementations should do when they encounter a request scheme they don't understand, and common issues, e.g., what to do with the Host header.
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to incorporated
- Milestone changed from unassigned to 19
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution incorporated deleted