Ticket #270 (closed design: fixed)
\-escaping in quoted strings
|Reported by:||firstname.lastname@example.org||Owned by:||email@example.com|
|Component:||non-specific||Severity:||Active WG Document|
quoted-strings support \-escaping, so that <"> and "\" can appear in the final string. This process is not explicitly defined, however (although it is defined in RFC 5322, it isn't referenced from HTTP).
From testing Content-Disposition, it appears that some implementations will do as RFC 5322 suggests, while others will replace the character with _ or -, or stop processing the string.
This needs to be explicitly defined for HTTP.
Additionally, the range of characters that can be \-escaped should be considered; it's only useful for the two characters above, and we already discourage senders from using others.
- Owner set to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Milestone changed from unassigned to 16
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to incorporated
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution incorporated deleted