Ticket #282 (closed design: fixed)
Recommend minimum sizes for protocol elements
|Reported by:||firstname.lastname@example.org||Owned by:||email@example.com|
|Component:||non-specific||Severity:||Active WG Document|
Much as we did for URLs, we should consider recommending minimum sizes for protocol elements when they're handled; e.g.,
- method names
- status phrases
- header blocks
- header lines
- header field-names
- chunk sizes
- message bodies
I'm not sure if we need to go into recommendations for the various field-value types, but it's worth a look.
This should include error handling; i.e. what to do when you receive a [protocol element] that's too big, both as a server and a client.
The same sort of careful language that we used around URLs should be used here too; i.e., that there is no maximum, just a recommended minimum size that needs to be handled by implementations.
- Owner set to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Resolution set to incorporated
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution incorporated deleted