Ticket #291 (closed design: fixed)
Cache Extensions can override no-store, etc.
|Reported by:||email@example.com||Owned by:|
|Component:||p6-cache||Severity:||Active WG Document|
p6 2.1 and 2.2 set up a list of rules that determine what can be stored and what can be used to satisfy a request, respectively, for caches.
Some of those steps don't allow cache-control extensions to override them. In 2.1:
- the "no-store" cache directive (see Section 3.2) does not appear in request or response header fields, and
- the "private" cache response directive (see Section 3.2.2 does not appear in the response, if the cache is shared, and
- the "Authorization" header field (see Section 4.1 of [Part7]) does not appear in the request, if the cache is shared, unless the response explicitly allows it (see Section 2.6), and
and in 2.2:
- selecting header fields nominated by the stored response (if any) match those presented (see Section 2.7), and
- the presented request and stored response are free from directives that would prevent its use (see Section 3.2 and Section 3.4), and
- the stored response is either:
- fresh (see Section 2.3), or
- allowed to be served stale (see Section 2.3.3), or
- successfully validated (see Section 2.4).
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to incorporated
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution incorporated deleted
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.