Ticket #350 (closed design: fixed)
Optionality of Conditional Request Support
|Reported by:||firstname.lastname@example.org||Owned by:||email@example.com|
|Component:||p4-conditional||Severity:||In WG Last Call|
Is p4 optional or not (for servers, clients, etc.)? I think it is, and so it should be explicitly marked as such.
- 2.2.1 Generation - "Origin servers SHOULD send Last-Modified..." -- is this really a SHOULD, or should we just encourage them to? If p4 is optional, I don't think we can impose this as a SHOULD.
- 2.3.1 Generation - "Origin servers SHOULD send ETag..." -- is this really a SHOULD, or should we just encourage them to? If p4 is optional, I don't think we can impose this as a SHOULD.
- 2.4 Rules... - there are many requirements for servers and clients here; I think they need to be downgraded if p4 is indeed optional.
comment:12 Changed 23 months ago by firstname.lastname@example.org
- Owner changed from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org
comment:15 Changed 21 months ago by email@example.com
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to incorporated
- Milestone changed from unassigned to 22
comment:16 Changed 18 months ago by firstname.lastname@example.org
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution incorporated deleted
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.