Ticket #353 (closed design: fixed)
Multiple values in Cache-Control header fields
|Reported by:||firstname.lastname@example.org||Owned by:||email@example.com|
|Component:||p6-cache||Severity:||In WG Last Call|
In the HTTPBIS documents there are now specific directions for dealing with multiple values within Host or Content-Length headers.
However, there doesn't appear to be a general conflict resolution strategy.
For example, if there are multiple Expires headers, valid or invalid (but assuming at least one valid one), matching or different, which takes precedence? Or must the set be treated invalid? Always?
If "Cache-Control: max-age=5, max-age=10" is received, what is the expected behaviour?
Similar concerns apply to other sections: what do multiple ETag or Last-Modified headers mean? Or multiple Content-Range headers (the same as multiple Content-Length headers one would assume).
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to incorporated
- Milestone changed from unassigned to 20
- Summary changed from Multiple values in Cache-Control headers to Multiple values in Cache-Control header fields
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution incorporated deleted