Ticket #383 (closed design: fixed)
Semantics of HTTPS
|Reported by:||firstname.lastname@example.org||Owned by:||email@example.com|
|Component:||p1-messaging||Severity:||Active WG Document|
<https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/wg/httpbis/draft-ietf-httpbis/latest/p1-messaging.html#https.uri> is slated to define the semantics of HTTPS urls.
We currently talk about HTTPS' impact on caches and identity there, but we don't mention one other major effect on HTTP -- the use of CONNECT to proxies.
I think we need to define HTTPS as having a semantic of *end-to-end* use of SSL/TLS, and therefore CONNECT to proxies.
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to incorporated
- Milestone changed from unassigned to 21
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution incorporated deleted