Ticket #401 (closed design: fixed)
ETags and Conneg
|Reported by:||email@example.com||Owned by:|
|Component:||p4-conditional||Severity:||In WG Last Call|
I just received an interesting bug report on REDbot; <https://github.com/mnot/redbot/issues/109>
""" When an ETag is marked weak with "W/", it need not change across different content encodings. "Weak" means the entity is semantically equivalent but not bit-equivalent. But Redbot complains that it doesn't change with different content encodings. """
The obvious question is whether two different *negotiated* representations of the same resource can (or should) have the same weak ETag.
- Owner firstname.lastname@example.org deleted
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to incorporated
comment:11 Changed 15 months ago by email@example.com
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution incorporated deleted