Ticket #402 (closed design: fixed)
Comparison function for If-Match and If-None-Match
|Reported by:||email@example.com||Owned by:|
|Component:||p4-conditional||Severity:||In WG Last Call|
In the definitions of If-Match and If-None-Match, we don't specify whether the weak or strong comparison function is to be used when these validations actually occur, although we spend a lot of text on when to use weak vs. strong ETags themselves.
Now, you might say that an origin server can decide whether to use the weak or strong function, but an intermediary or client cache doesn't have license to do weak comparison, and could cause a lot of trouble if it did. AFAICT we don't specify this, but I think we should.
- Owner firstname.lastname@example.org deleted
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to incorporated
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution incorporated deleted