Ticket #405 (closed editorial: incorporated)
|Reported by:||email@example.com||Owned by:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Component:||p5-range||Severity:||In WG Last Call|
- I can't find an explicit "MUST not include Content-Range in a response
header when Content-Type is multipart/byteranges"
- Sect. 3.2/5.2: is "*/*" an acceptable value for Content-Range + 416 ?
- Sect. 4.1: requirement to serve ranges in the order specified by the
client could be in contrast with the suggestion, a couple of paragraphs afterwards, of combining overlapping ranges (which could imply reordering)
- Sect. 4.2, last paragraph: "... then the client MAY store ...", isn't
it an implementation detail ?
- Sect. 7.1: the actual suggestion for reducing the security risk
associated to overlapping ranges is not detailed (as promised in the first paragraph of Sect. 7). Add a back-link to Sect. 4.1 ? Or move the "Server MAY combine requested ranges ..." here ? Further to this point, it would be nice to mandate some preferred behaviour on both senders and/or receivers to simplify interoperability (e.g. senders SHOULD not send overlapping ranges and/or receivers SHOULD always compute the minimum number of ranges needed to satisfy a given range request).
- Appendix A: I may be missing something obvious, but I can't find any
good reason (i.e. one that is not listed in -p1 Sect. 3.3.2) to avoid stating the Content-Length in the examples.
- Sect. 5.3: "... send me the part(s) that I'm missing ..." => "... send
me the part(s) I'm requesting ..."
- Sect. 5.4.2: the preamble to the bulleted list has the attribute
"appropriate" which could be substituted by a less generic wording, like e.g.: "... are all syntactically correct as defined in Section 5.4.1, and at least one of the ranges has non empty intersection with the current resource representation extent, then: ..."
- Sect. 5.2, last paragraph seems misplaced (does it belong to Sect. 5.4
- Sect. 4.2: "most header" => "most recent header"
- Sect. 5.2: "request: A" => "request: a"
- Owner changed from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org