Ticket #69 (closed design: fixed)
Clarify "Requested Variant"
|Reported by:||email@example.com||Owned by:|
|Component:||non-specific||Severity:||Active WG Document|
The spec uses the term "requested variant" in several places (10.2.2 201 Created, 10.2.5 204 No Content, 14.19 ETag, 14.25 If-Modified-Since, 14.28 If-Unmodified-Since). It's quite clear what it means in the context of HEAD/GET, somewhat clear for PUT, but not clear at all for other methods.
We really need to clarify this, potentially choosing a different term.
comment:12 Changed 4 years ago by firstname.lastname@example.org
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to incorporated
- Severity set to Active WG Document
- Milestone changed from unassigned to 11
comment:13 Changed 4 years ago by email@example.com
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution incorporated deleted