Ticket #79 (closed design: fixed)
Content-* vs. PUT
|Reported by:||email@example.com||Owned by:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Component:||p2-semantics||Severity:||Active WG Document|
RFC 2616, section.9.6, the description of PUT states:
"The recipient of the entity MUST NOT ignore any Content-* (e.g. Content-Range) headers that it does not understand or implement and MUST return a 501 (Not Implemented) response in such cases."
That language sounds as if a server that ignores Content-Language (as opposed to storing it with the entity) MUST reject PUT requests that come with a Content-Language header. Is this really intended? Does anybody implement that?
- Owner set to email@example.com
- Priority set to normal
- Severity set to Active WG Document
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to incorporated
- Milestone changed from unassigned to 13
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution incorporated deleted