Ticket #88 (closed design: fixed)
|Reported by:||firstname.lastname@example.org||Owned by:||email@example.com|
|Component:||p1-messaging||Severity:||Active WG Document|
RFC2616 Section 4.3 "Message Body" enumerates those messages that don't include a message-body;
All 1xx (informational), 204 (no content), and 304 (not modified) responses MUST NOT include a message-body. All other responses do include a message-body, although it MAY be of zero length.
However, it does not list 205 (section 10.2.6).
Also if you look at the texts for 204, 304 and 205 responses, you see that 204 and 304 say "MUST NOT include a message-body", whereas 205 says "MUST NOT include an entity". 204 and 304 go on to say that the message is terminated at the first empty line, but 205 does not say that.
- Owner set to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Severity set to Active WG Document
comment:12 Changed 4 years ago by email@example.com
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to incorporated
comment:13 Changed 3 years ago by firstname.lastname@example.org
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution incorporated deleted
comment:14 Changed 3 years ago by email@example.com
- Status changed from reopened to closed
- Resolution set to fixed