The NETCONF Wiki
This wiki is for the NETCONF WG. We provide here information related to the NETCONF WG (the page is mostly updated after an IETF meeting listing the higlights of the meeting).
Thanks a lot to Simon Leinen and Randy Bush, who have done an outstanding job hosting the Netconf page on www.ops.ietf.org/ and the NETCONF mailing list!
Please send any suggestions or Netconf related information you would like to see on this Wiki to Netconf WG chairs,
e.g. links to NETCONF implementations, presentations or tutorials.
General NETCONF Discussion: email@example.com (moved from ops.ietf.org)
To Subscribe: firstname.lastname@example.org?body=subscribe
Old archive (2002- 03/04/2008): http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/
"Netconf Goes On" maillist: NGO@ietf.org:
Discussion of non-chartered NETCONF-related topics. Closed.
YANG maillist: YANG@ietf.org
Closed. The discussion continues on email@example.com
Other NETCONF related sites
"Netconf Central" provides information and tutorials on the NETCONF protocol, YANG modeling language and different tools (see: http://www.netconfcentral.org/). YANG modules can be validated and YANG module database can be searched online.
"YANG Central" provides tutorials, tools and examples for YANG development (see http://www.yang-central.org).
- YumaPro is a YANG-based Unified Modular Automation Toolkit for NETCONF, HTTP/REST, and CLI. It includes a NETCONF-over-SSH client and server, YANG compiler, and other development tools.
- Netconf4Android (Library) is an API that implements the Netconf protocol (RFC 4741) for building client applications (http://code.google.com/p/netconf4android/).
- Uses SSH-2 as the transport protocol (ganymed-ssh2);
- Compatible with Android API level 8 and above;
- Compatible with Java 1.5 and above.
- NuDesign provides a Windows based, NetConf Agent for the developers community to try out. The download includes a simple NetConf? client, SSH client & server components, SSH NetConf? subsystem and the core Demo Agent with NetConf?, SNMPv3 and CLI access.
- ncclient provides a Python API for client-side scripting and application development. Currently implements SSH transport, all RFC 4741 operations and capabilities as well as supports RFC 6241.
- libnetconf is a NETCONF library in C intended for building NETCONF clients and servers. It provides basic functions to connect NETCONF client and server to each other via SSH, to send and receive NETCONF messages and to store and work with the configuration data in a datastore (Contact: Radek Krejci, CESNET http://code.google.com/p/libnetconf/).
- netopeer is a remote configuration system, which implements the mandatory parts of the NETCONF protocol and SSH transport. The client side includes a command-line interface so that simple requests can be generated manually, which is useful for debugging (Contact: Radek Krejci, CESNET http://code.google.com/p/netopeer/)
- YencaP, a Netconf agent for Linux implemented in Python, distributed under LGPL as part of the EnSuite (Extended Netconf Suite) collection (download).
- YENCA, a Netconf agent for Linux implemented in C, available under GPL on SourceForge.
- Tail-f Systems has a NETCONF server as well as command line and web interfaces, SNMP agent, REST interface and integrated configuration store. Tail-f also maintains an open source implementation of a NETCONF client library that can be integrated with network automation software.
- GoAhead embeddedMIND™ is an extensible Netconf agent with integrated configuration store and CLI, SNMP and Web interfaces.
- XML Based Device Management by Wipro, including an agent written in C and a manager in Java
- An implementation written in C from NEC Europe Ltd in Germany
- Another implementation written in C by http://www.postech.ac.kr/Postech in Korea
- XMS (eXtensible Management System), written in C, by 6WIND
- Applied Informatics' C++-based NetConf implementation based on the POCO framework.
- Netconf4j. Standalone Java netconf implementation used in http://www.opennaas.org.
- NETCONF Browser, a user friendly NETCONF GUI client/manager from MG-SOFT, based on MG-SOFT's own NETCONF V1 and V1.1 protocols. Application is implemented in Java.
- Visual YANG Designer, a user friendly YANG file designer (creator, editor, modeler, builder) from MG-SOFT, based on MG-SOFT's own YANG compiler. Application is implemented in Java.
- NetconfX, an open-source Java NETCONF client implementation provided by CenteredLogic as part of its Element/Network Management platform.
- MasterYANG: a lightweight NETCONF YANG data model designer, editor and visualizer.
Paper, Presentations and Tutorials on Netconf
(please provide information on other paper, presentation or tutorials to Netconf WG chairs)
- NETCONF Interoperability Lab by Vaibhav Bajpai, Jürgen Schönwälder, NOMS 2014, Krakow, May 2014
- Managing SamKnows Probes using NETCONF by Vaibhav Bajpai, Radek Krejčí, NOMS 2014, Krakow, May 2014
- Learn about NETCONF by Andy Bierman
- Network configuration management using NETCONF and YANG by Jürgen Schönwälder, Martin Björklund, Phil Shafer
- Configuring network devices with NETCONF and YANG by Ladislav Lhotka, in Proc. XML Prague 2011, p. 99–123.
- NCClient: A Python Library for NETCONF Client Applications by Shikhar Bhushan, Ha Manh Tran and Jürgen Schönwälder
- An IDE for NETCONF management applications by Tavares, P.; Goncalves, P. ; Oliveira, J.L.
- NETCONF Interoperability Testing by Ha Manh Tran, Iyad Tumar and Jürgen Schönwälder
- Development of NETCONF-Based Network Management Systems in Web Services Framework by Tomoyuki IIJIMA Hiroyasu KIMURA Makoto KITANI Yoshifumi ATARASHI
- Design of the Next Generation Military Network Management System Based on NETCONF by Zhu Wei; Liu Ningning ; Shan Weifeng ; Fu Guobin
- Using Netconf for Configuring Monitoring Probes by Munz, G.; Antony, A. ; Dressler, F. ; Carle, G.
- The Design of the Network Configuration Management Based on NETCONF Protocol by Jianqun Cui, Keming Jia, Libing Wu, Chuanhe Chen and Mincai Lai
- An Empirical Study of the NETCONF Protocol by Yu, J.; Al Ajarmeh, I.
- Implementation of the management of SNMP/NETCONF network devices for the next generation NMS by Limin Liu; Debao Xiao; Bo Dong; Qing Shen
- Improving Network Services Configuration Management by Elbadawi, K.; Yu, J.
- Protocol Efficiencies of NETCONF versus SNMP for Configuration Management Functions NETCONF vs SNMP by Brian Hedstrom, Akshay Watwe, Siddharth Sakthidharan
- Development of Management Interface to Configure Network Equipment by Tomoyuki Iijima, et.al.
- Distributed Network Analysis Using TOPAS and Wireshark by Gerhard Muenz, Georg Carle
- NETCONF access control profile for XACML by Ludwig Seitz, Erik Rissanen
- On the Performance of COPS-PR and NETCONF in an Integrated Management Environment for DiffServ-enabled Networks by Rafael Corezola Pereira, Lisandro Zambenedetti Granville
- S.-M. Yoo, H. T. Ju, J. W. Hong: Performance Improvement Methods for NETCONF-Based Configuration Management
- V. Cridlig, H. J. Abdelnur, J. Bourdellon, R. State: A NetConf Network Management Suite: ENSUITE
- Search on NETCONF in IEEEXplore
- Search on NETCONF in DBLP
- TracGuide -- Built-in Documentation
- The Trac project -- Trac Open Source Project
- Trac FAQ -- Frequently Asked Questions
- TracSupport -- Trac Support
For a complete list of local wiki pages, see TitleIndex.